Thursday, June 21

Two ships in the night

Happy Thursday!
This week we have another fun Twisted Thursday challenge for you.  
The twist this week is Transportation.
As I was going all of my stamps sets looking for stamps that would fit this challenge, I came across a cute little sailboat from the Oh Boy! stamp set by Gina K Designs.  
I wanted to create a scene for the boats so I pulled out my brayer and some different shades or teal/turquoise ink to create the water and sky.  The island with the palm trees is a stamp from Aloha, also Gina K Design.
I paper pieced the boat with MME Miss Carolina – Dilly Dally papers and used the same papers on the card.  I love the colors in the Dilly Dally pack!
The sun was colored with copics – Y21 & Y23.  The sentiment is from Pleasant Plurals and was cut out using spellbinders Lacey Pennants.
I did not want to take away from the focal image so I just added a bit of twine and a few buttons for embellishments.
My fellow TT DT gals and I would love for you to play along with us!  We have some wonderful prizes that you can win that are specific to the TT challenge along with many other monthly site wide prizes!  You can find the TT challenge prizes here and the site wide prized on The Outlawz Main Page. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Gina K Designs – Pleasant Plurals, Aloha, Oh Boy!
Ink: Memento, SU, Versafine
Paper:  Bazzill, SU, Gina K Designs, Copic Blending, MME
Other:  Spellbinders – Circles & Lacey Pennants, Buttons, Twine, Clear Embossing Powder, Copics, Brayer, White Gel Pen

4 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Sharri!

Sandra said...

Hey girlie, I have had one hell of a week as you know, but I wanted to tell you how much I love this card. You pay so much attention to detail and I just love watching what you create each week. It's nice to be on the same DT as you. I am really enjoying myself. Good luck with the party stuff wink wink
:)S

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Wow! this card is awesome, so pretty. i love your background. Thanks for sharing this truly inspirational card.

Madeleen said...

What a fabulous card Sharri!