Sunday, November 1

Winter Friends - Skating Penguins

Hi!

When I saw the little penguin image in Rupa's Winter Friends stamp set, I knew I wanted to create a scene card with him. Now when I went ice skating as a kid, I never went alone. I always had a friend to go with me...so I had to make this little penguin a friend to skate with...right?

I stamped the penguins on White pl with Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with Copics and Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. I added shimmer to the hats and skates with my Sakure Glitter pen. To get the second penguin looking at the other, I used my reverse image stamp.

The water of the pond was brayered on using Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue and Blue Bayou. Before brayering, I used a post-it note to cover the sky and brayered on each side instead of the bottom of the cs. To create the ice look on the pond, I used my versamark ink pad and pressed it directly on the paper covering the entire pond. Then I sprinkled clear embossing powder over that and heated it with my heat tool.

I also brayered the sky using Going Grey, Summer Sky and Pacific Point.

The mountains of snow are a combination of snow glitter and liquid applique. I dabbed the liquid applique all over, heated it with my heat tool to make it puffy then added the snow glitter to fill in the gaps.

The houses were stamped on white pl paper and colored with copic. I cut them out and set them on the glitter before it dried. I tabbed more liquid applique around the house, on the roofs and the trees and sprinkled it with glitter before heating it. This time the liquid applique really puffed up, which is not what I wanted but you have to go with the flow right?

I matted the scene on Black Onyx, Rocket Red and Blue Bayou cs. I finished off the card by adding buttons from Gina's Holiday Assortment and branches punch out with silver cs.

I think the all the images in the Winter Friends stamp set would make beautiful scene cards and I have plans to make a few more myself.

Thanks for visiting today and have a fantastic rest of your day!



Card Supplies:
Stamps: Winter Friends, Reverse Image Stamp
Inks: Going Grey, Summer Sky, Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue, Blue Bayou, Versamark, Tuxedo Black
Paper: Black Onyx, Rocket Red, Blue Bayou, White pl,
Accessories: Clear ep, Liquid Applique, Snow Glitter, Sakure Glitter pen, Copics, Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS, Gina's Holiday Assortment Buttons, Branch Punch.
Techniques: Brayered Background, Heat Embossing, Reverse Image

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just to dang cute! I love the scenes you make!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

My Phillies didn't win yet, Sharri, but your adorable penguins are sure a winner!

lisa808 said...

Sharri, this is absolutely adorable! The penguins are so much fun and your brayering is beautiful.

p.s. My Yankees didn't win yet either!!!