Monday, November 2

Polished Ornaments

Hi!
Did everyone have a nice Monday? Mine was a quiet day, which I like.

I have a card to share that I made for the release party sketch challenge issued by Cindy Lawrence over on SCS. I love this sketch! I used the polish stone technique for the ornaments. I forgot to write down what color inks I used for the technique. The inks were the Ranger Alcohol inks. After the ink dried, I rubbed my embossing buddy over it, stamped the ornaments with versamark and heat embossed with Rangers gold embossing powder. The white circle is Gina pure luxury paper and I stamped one of the borders from Vintage Borders stamp set on it in soft sand ink. You can click on the picture to get a closer look at the border.

I added some stitching around the rectangle and circle. Have you ever tried stitching in a circle? I am surprised it turned out as well as it did! LOL! While stitching, I honestly thought it was going to be a mess!

Thank you for stoppin' in and have a wonderful rest of your evening!


Card Supplies:
Stamps: First Christmas, Vintage Borders
Ink: Soft Sand, Versamark
Paper: Fresh Asparagus, Chocolate Chip, White PL, White Glossy, SU DSP
Accessories: Ranger Alcohol inks, Gold ep, Gold cord, Gold Pearls, Sizzix ef, Stitching, Circle and Wavy Nestibilities

2 comments:

Patti J said...

No messes here! Sheer beauty! Your card turned out so good!!! Love those ornaments, and don't you just love playing with the alcohol inks? Great job, Sharri!

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous card Sharri - love the off set circle and your ornaments look great.