Monday, September 21

Mauve flowers

Good evening!

Can you believe it's the first day of autumn? The weather sure is not fall like. It was nice temperature wise but rained most of the day. Not fun when you are walking outside to a different building for a meeting. I got caught in a not so nice down pour and even though I had an umbrella, I was drenched by the time I got back to my desk. Sitting in wet clothes made for a long uncomfortable afternoon!
My card today has a summer feel to it...I am not ready to let go of summer yet, are you?
The stamp is from Gina K's Eclectic Summer and is colored with Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. Before I sponged the So Saffron, More Mustard and Mauve Mist ink around the flower, I recolored the flower with a versamarker and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The papers are Chocolate Kiss, More Mustard and the pink and dp is from my scraps.
I finished off the card with a couple different borders and prima flowers.

Have a wonderful rest of your evening!




Card Details:
Stamps: Eclectic Summer
Ink: Tuxedo Black, So Saffron, Mauve Mist, More Mustard
Paper: Chocolate Kiss, More Mustard, Misc Pink, Basic Grey
Accessories: Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS, Nestibilities, Sizzix, Primas, Brads, MS Border Punch

7 comments:

Patti J. said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing! (Glad to see that someone else still uses colored pencils!!!)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Oh Shari, I'm sorry about your afternoon! Your card sure warmed my heart! I really hate to see the weather change! Your card is beautiful!

redwasher1 said...

Sharri your cards lovely! I hope your feeling better and like you I don't want summer to end.

NinaB said...

Sorry to hear about your afternoon. Fall hasn't arrived here yet. I can't wait for the colors to change. Your card is so pretty. I love your colors.

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh dear Sharri - sounds like a misserable day to me - nothing worse than sitting in damp clothes unless you count sitting with wild hair!!! That would have been me after a soaking!!! Love your card and it's good to see summer colours.

Jennie said...

Love the colors on this one and the flowers you added along the right, very pretty color combo! I hope you are feeling better :o)

lisa808 said...

I hope your pretty card brings some sunshine your way.