Monday, January 26

Hedgehog Hugs

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

My morning started out nice and cold. The blower on our out door wood burning furnace went out last night and my husband could not get the 'real' furnace to fully kick in to we had limited heat through the night! Since the outdoor furnace also heats our water for the house and the the 'real' water heater is on the same propane line as the 'real' furnace we had cool water for showers this morning, Brrrrr! Nothing like a cool shower for a quick wake-up call!

A friend told me about a very reasonable on-line store that has quite the variety of stamping and crafting supplies. It is called 7kidscollegefun.com. I was impressed with the prices and ended up ordering several things from them.
One of my purchases was a new Penny Black clear stamp set called Hugs. I love the images in this set and had to ink one of my favorites up right away.

Aren't those hedgehogs adorable? I stamped them with mementos tuxedo black ink on 80 lb pure luxury cs and colored them with the Koh-I-Noor pencils and OMS. I used DCWV textured cs and dp from one of their mat pads. The card size is about 5x6.
The sentiment is from Gina's Down on the Farm and is stamp in black versafine ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. It is cut out using the double ended labels spellbinder die cuts.
I used the Martha Stewart Floral lace Border punch on the bottom of the yellowish colored dp them used an embossing border folder for the burgundy colored strip and layered over the yellowish strip. I embellished the primas, doubled ended label and the corners of the scalloped rectangle with Kaisers brown half pearls.
The corners of the cs were punched with the Tonic duo corner punch - tag ticket.

Have an awesome day and thank you for stopping by today!
Sharri

1 comment:

nikki said...

Ok for real, I love that I am related to you. What a cute card, you do some really great things with stamps.