Wednesday, January 28

Sweet Treats

Good Morning!

I went to a stamp-a-stack yesterday afternoon and hung out with some fun ladies. We made 8 cards total using 4 different layouts - 2 cards for each layout. I had to leave for a bit to pick my daughter up from school then took her back to the stamp-a-stack with me. I let her make 3 of my cards. She had so much fun and wanted to know when we were coming to the next card class. She also informed me that she did not want to share my cards, she wanted her own materials! Before we left she had to make sure that I had both of the flourish stamps at home since those were her favorite ones. I think the 'bling' is right up there with those punches for being her favorite! I wanted to share her cards with you but I did not get a chance to take a picture of them yet. When I do I will post them.

On to the cards...
I am sharing two of the layouts today and will share the other two tomorrow. Both cards use Gina's new stamp set Sweet Blessings, BG Sultry and GB Bittersweet dp.
The images were colored with copic markers. I paper pieced the cupcake liner and cherry with dp from the bittersweet pack. The frosting was colored with a copic marker, covered with crystal lacquer, sprinkled with micro beads, another thin layer of crystal lacquer and finally sprinkled with glitter. It looks really neat irl. The beads gave it a interesting texture and depth, which you can not see in the picture.
Punches were used for the all flowers. The flourishes are punched from both the regular flourish and the wave punches. I used the scalloped corner punch on a piece of sultry dp then used the Tonic duo corner punch - tag ticket on the corner. The background was embossed with the divine swirls folder. I also add a bit of shine to the top flowers using the sakura glitter pen and the niji waterbrush. What do you think of all those rhinestone accents?
This next card is made using all the same basic materials. I did add a couple of half back pearls to the center of the flowers. I think I got tired of rhinestones - those little buggers are hard to pick up and stick on with fingers! I cheat at home and use a tweezers.
Have a great day and thank you for stopping by to visit!
Sharri

1 comment:

Mary Duffek said...

Look at all your glittery yumminess! Your cards are beautiful!