Thursday, May 12

The Outlawz POM Ribbons or Lace challenge

Good morning!



It's Thursday and that means I get to share a card for this weeks The Outlawz POM Challenge. POM is short for Primsa's and Other Mediums. You can to use anything in your crafting arsenal except for Alcohol ink markers. And Prisma's can be ANY colored pencil, it doesn't have to be the Prismacolor brand. You do not even to color an image if you don't want to!


This week we are challenging you to use ribbon or lace on your cards or projects. Here is my sample for the challenge.


I chose to use ribbon on my card instead of lace. Both the flower and leaves are made out of ribbon. To make the flower I took piece of ribbon and stitched along side one edge then pulled a thread from one end to gather up the ribbon. Next I rolled the gathered ribbon similiar to how you would make a rolled rose. I had a bit of fraying going on in the center of the flower so I covered it up with a pearl.

To make the leaves, I just folded a piece of ribbon and tucked it under the ribbon flower.

These gorgeous flowers/pots images are from Penny Blacks In the Garden stamp set. I colored them with Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS.
The pattern paper is Basic Grey's Hello Luscious. I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil calld Mini Floral Vines on the green to add a bit more pattern to it.

I hope you will visit us at The Outlawz and play along with the POM Challenge! This month we are thrilled to have Digi Doodle Shop sponsoring us for the month with a $10 GC!!

Every submission will get you another chance at winning! Drawing will be June 2nd. If you join us, please remember to upload your cards to the gallery and to tag them with Pom512.

We also have three sponsors site wide for The Outlawz for the month of May!!
Rusty from Oozak.com is providing a $50.00 gift certificate to one of the challenge entrants at The Outlawz!

Susana's Custom Art and Card Designs is offering a $25.00 gift certificate (store merchandise only).

Color Me Creative Classroom is giving one Copic class of your choice.
You can read all about these wonderful prizes right here on the main page.


Thank you for stopping by!

Card Supplies:
Stamp: Penny Black, Gina K Designs
Ink: SU, Memento
Paper: SU, Gina K Designs, PTI, Basic Grey
Other: Ribbon, Spellbinders - Rectangle, Circle & Octagons, Pencils, OMS, Crafters Workshop Stencil

No comments: