Wednesday, March 16

Golden Rose

Hiya friends!!

I was uploading a couple of cards last night to SplitCoast and saw that one of the cards I uploaded last week was mentioned in the General Stamping Talk forum, in the FAVORITES for the week ending March 13, 2011. The card that was mentioned as a favorite is this one here. I am so excited!!! Thank you Sheila for adding my card to the Favorites!!!

As promised yesterday, here is the card I made to share this past Sunday when I got together with friends. This card was literally thrown together in an hour that Sunday morning. Talk about waiting til the last minute huh? lol!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations & PTI
Paper: SU
Ink: Versamark
Other: Spellbinders Circles & Lacey Circles, PTI Double Ended Banner, Misc Swirl Die, Gold Embosssing Powder, Gold Leafing Pen

The rose is from the Heartfelt Creations stamp set called GrandiFlora Rose. I stamped the rose with versamark 3 times on pattern paper and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I cut a portion of each rose out and popped up the layers with foam dimensionals. The leaf is is also stamped on pattern paper and embossed with gold embossing powder. The leaf is from the Heartfelt Creations stamp set called Leafy Swirls.
The pattern papers are SU and are now retired. I have been hoarding them for a long time and finally decided it was ok to use them. lol! The cardstock is also SU, Blue Bayou and River Rock.
The sentiment is from Paper Trey Ink's Round & Round stamp set and is stamped on their Double Ended Banner. I used my Gold Leafing Pen to go around the edge of the banner so it matches the embossed rose.

Thank you so much for stopping by to see me today! I hope you stop back often!

2 comments:

Patti J said...

Don't you just love it when a card comes together so easily! What a gorgeous card, Sharri. That flower is SO pretty, and the circle shapes behind it are perfect. Congrats on your card being featured!!! I'm not surprised - you rock, my friend!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Sharri. Love how this flower came out.