Sunday, September 19

Gina K Fall Memory Challenge

Good Morning Stampers!

Today I am sharing a couple of cards I made for Gina K's Fall Memory Challenge. You can read all about here in Gina's blog.

I have two fall memories that I will always cherish. The first one is my wedding. Marty and I were married in September. It was a beautifully warm fall day...just perfect for a wedding!

My card for this memory uses the colors from our wedding. Our colors were black and white. I carried a big bouquet of red roses as did my bridesmaids.

Card Supplies: Stamps: Friendship's Garden, Hand in Hand
Paper: Gina K Black Onyx, Misc Red, Copic X-press it
Ink: Memento, Copic, SU
Other: Nestibilites - Ovals, Square, Rectangles, Sizzix EF,
Spellbinder's Labels 10, Pearls, Ribbon

I used the rose from Friendship's Garden and colored it with copics R22, R24, R27, R29, YG07, YG17, YG67, C0 and C1. The sentiment is from Hand in Hand.
The embossing was done with the Vintage Wall Paper embossing folder.

My other fall memory is taking my girls to the pumpkin patch. Now that Ashley is older she doesn't always go with us but Marty and I still take Abbi every year.
There is a farm in the country a few miles from our house that we always go to where you can wander the fields to find the perfect pumpkin. There is also some animals there that the kids could see and even pet a few.

Card Supplies: Stamps: Autumn Beauty, Signs of Autumn
Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Brown, October Afternoon - Farm Fresh
Copic X-press It
Ink: SU, Memento, Vivid, Versamarker, Copics
Other: Spellbinders Labels 8, Labels, Double Ended Labels,
Twine, Brads

I chose to use the scarecrow and cornstalks from Autumn Beauty because this farm always decorated using cornstalks with pumpkins and course a scarecrow. The pumpkins are from Signs of Autumn. I colored all the images with copics YR04, YR07, YR09, YR15, YR16, YR18, YR21, YR23,YR24, Y35, Y38, E25, E31,E33, E34, E35, E37, B91, B93, B95, B97, YG93. I sponged in the sky with SU Pumpkin Pie, Marigold Morning,  and Barely Banana. For the ground I used the direct to paper technique using Memento's Desert Sand, Pear Tart and Bamboo Leaves.

Thank you for stopping by and letting me share my fall memories with you!

8 comments:

Jennie said...

What a stunning card from the fall memory of your wedding..that rose is GORGEOUS and the coloring so vivid. Your second card is stunning as well...oh my, love the sponging, the OA paper and design just ROCKS!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Sharri, these are amazing! I love the elegance and beauty of the Soul Mates card and the scarecrow card is an awesome scene. Such beautiful sponging and coloring.

joy said...

I adore your Soulmates card! It is so elegant! I love the way you have combined the sets for your fall card! Lovely coloring!

Miesje said...

These are both beautiful cards, so different and both incredible!

Janice M said...

WOW!! Gorgous cards Sharri!! Your coloring is awesome.

Melanie said...

fabulous sunset Sharri!

Tami Grandi said...

GORGEOUS!

Juli Smith, said...

These are both beautiful!