Thursday, October 29

Color challenge card

Happy Friday!

I am all partied out! Wednesday night I went to a Lobster Boil dinner and last night was the Gina K release party. The release party was hopping. I am still amazed at how fast that party moves! There was so much eye candy shared last night that my head is still swimming! If you want to check it out you can find the thread here.

During the party members of the design team issue challenges. The card I am sharing tonight is for the color challenge. The challenge was to use Cranberry, Black, Ivory and Gold.
This picture looks small to me but remember you can click on it and it to take a closer look.
I used Nina Brackett's newly released set called Vintage Borders. I love the borders and sentiments in this set! It's very faint and I did that on purpose but there is a watermark of hanging ornaments behind the sentiment. To create the watermark, I inked up the ornaments with London Fog ink, stamped off on scrap paper then stamped on the cs, which by the way is Gina's Ivory Pure Luxury paper. I stamped the sentiment over the watermark with Tuxedo Black ink. The sentiment is cut out using the wavy rectangle nestibilities. Next is a layer of cranberry tart using the Octagon nestibilities then another wavy rectangle nestibility in Black Onyx.
The music was stamped with London Fog on Ivory Pure Luxury paper. It is matted on Gina's new Smokey Slate paper and Cranberry Tart.

If you have a chance we would love for you to play along with the challenge. You can find it here.

Have a fabulous Friday evening!
hugs,


Card Supplies:
Stamps: Vintage Borders
Ink: Tuxedo Black, London Fog
Paper: Cranberry Tart, Black Onyx, Ivory pl, Smokey Slate, Good As Gold
Accessories: Gold Pearls, Gold Ribbon, Nesitbilities - Wavy Rectangle and Octagon, flourish punch.

No comments: