Wednesday, August 5

Baseball accessories

Happy Wednesday!
Today I am sharing a card I made for my nephew's birthday. He is just crazy nuts for baseball and talks, breaths and sleeps baseball so I new Melanie's Sporty Accessories stamp set was just perfect to use to make his card.
I used Gina's soft sand cs to do the wood grain technique on then stamped the locker on the cs when it was dried. I decided to make the locker pop up, which you can see in the first picture, by using my score pal and scoring the stamped lines around the locker then scoring a 1/4 inch past the first scored lines and folded the sides under...clear as mud huh?
The bat, mitt and baseball were stamped on the soft sand and colored with Koh-i-noor Pencils and OMS. The tennis shoes are also stamped on the soft sand but my hubby was pestering me to get going, (yes I waited for the last minute to make this care) so I did not color them in - don't they look naked compared to the bat, mitt and ball?
The dp is Basic Grey's Archiac. The banner is stamped on a piece of Archaic paper. I finished off the card with copper nail head embellies, stuffed it in an envelop and headed out the door. I sure hope I remembered to sign the card! lol!
To go with my nephews obsession with baseball, I got him a batters helmet, batting gloves and a T-ball. My sister seems to think he will wear the helmet and gloves to bed for the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking after the first night he may change his mind. That helmet does not look comfy!
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Hugs,

4 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

How cool is this card love your choice of dp! Hope your nephew enjoys it too!

Jennie said...

Love the baseball card! My oldest son loves baseball too and it is fun creating cards with that theme. Nice job :o) Thanks also for the award, I will be getting around to it.

Carla said...

This is really neat, Sharri! The colors and the layout are wonderful!

lisa808 said...

Oh wow, this card is great!!!