Tuesday, April 14

Perfectly polished

Hello my friends!
Did everyone make it through Monday? It was rainy here and when it rains it seems like everyone is gloomy and tired. When it's rainy I always enjoy curling up under a blanket by the fire with a good book. Doesn't that sound good?

My card today is another birthday card. This one is for my niece who turned 17. Her birthday is the same day as my nephew's that turned 18, so I only had to feel old on one day instead of two...hee hee.
Gina K's Perfectly Polished stamp set was perfect for a 17 year old girl. At that age, most girls like to have their nails done and primp in the mirror, right? My older daughter sure did and still does!
The cs is SU's Certainly Celery, So Saffron and the retired Positively Pink. The dp is Basic Grey's Urban Prairie. I used the wavy mega rectangle nestibilities to mat the image on.
The image was stamped on layering weight white pure luxury paper with mementos tuxedo black ink and colored with copics. I water colored the nail polish bottles and mirror with a sakura glitter pen and my niji water brush. After that was dry I covered just the bottles of the nail polish with crystal lacquer.
I cut the image focal point into a rectangle and then used my 1 inch circle punch to punch out the center of the mirror. I glued a 1 inch mirror behind the image instead of on top. I think it looks it give it a better finished looked than if the mirror was glued on the top. I found the mirrors at Hobby Lobby.
To finish off the card I accented around the image with pink eyelet rain drops.

Thank you stopping by today!
Have a great day!
Sharri

2 comments:

Alison said...

Hi again Sharri! Lovely card, like you said, perfect for an older teen girl. Love all the layers.
PS, only kidding about the snakes! Now I understand why you're not keen on em!

Patti J. said...

Hi Sharri - I love this set! SO cute! I love the layout you used, and the little 'raindrops' just finished it off so well!!!

My SIL, Pam, lives in Appleton. Very pretty city!

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a nice comment!