Wednesday, April 15

Color Challenge

Happy Wednesday! We are getting closer to the end of the week...woo hoo!
I have been trying to participate in some challenges on StampTV and a few others I have found while surfing around. I can not believe how many different challenges are out here! Wow! A lot more than I realized.

The card I am sharing today is for the Monday color challenge over at StampTv. The colors are Yellow, Orange, Red (optional) and any Neutral.
My colors are Barley Banana, Tangerine Tango and Gold vellum. The dp is Basic Grey's new Marrakech. The stamp set is Gina K's Take Flight. I stamped the butterfly on gold vellum using first Dried Marigold ink by Ranger and then versamark. I heat embossed it using Clear embossing powder. I curled up the edges of the wings a bit before I popped it up on the card. I added gold pearls for the body and the antenna tips. The sentiment was also stamped with Dried Marigold and versamark before heat embossing again using clear embossing powder. I punched the sentiment out using an SU oval punch and attached it to the center of the flower. The flowers are punched with Marvy punches.
I finished off the card with a couple of borders, pearls and ribbon.

Here is a close-up of the butterfly. The gold vellum has a sparkly shimmer to it which you can see a little bit of in the close-up.

Have relaxing rest of your evening!
Hugs,
Sharri

6 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Wowza, look at all those details! Gorgeous!

Patti J. said...

Very pretty! This must have taken a long time to make - it has so many little special embellishments! Love the way it glows too!

Lee said...

Oh gosh Sharri!! This is so elegant and dainty....just gorgeous!!! I love the shimmer and pearls!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is wonderful Sharri! What a beautiful butterfly with so much sparklie goodness! Awesome design layout too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Soft and so pretty, love those colors.

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous--love all the detail!