Monday, April 13

Birthday's are sweet

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a nice Easter yesterday. I am actually glad to go back to work today! It was a very busy weekend and I am worn out from all the running and visiting we did so I am looking forward to 8 hours of sitting today...lol.

Today's card is birthday card for my nephew. He turned 18 a couple of weeks ago and made me feel very old!
I used Sweetest Blessing and Punchy Words, both by Gina K. The dp is from Basic Grey's Boxer collection. The cs SU's Basic Grey and the blue is from a local craft store.
I stamped the cupcake twice, first on layering weight white pure luxury paper with memento tuxedo black ink and again on the dp using versamark. I heat embossed it with Ranger's Snowflake embossing powder then cut out jus the cupcake liner and glued it over the liner stamped on the pure luxury paper. The frosting is Liquid Applique and I sprinkled the snowflake embossing powder on it before I used my heat tool to make it puffy. The cherry was colored with copics and covered with crystal lacquer.
The square nesties were used to cut out the image and to make the frame around it. The sentiment was stamped with Basic Grey ink and cut out with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch. The scalloped circle it is matted on is Basic Grey cs cut with a scalloped circle nestie.
I finished off the card with 3 grey eyelets in the upper right corner.

Have a marvelous Monday!
Hugs,
Sharri

2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Look at this yummy cupcake...I could just take a bite, not to mention that great paper piecing job on the cupcake paper! Awesome job!

Patti J. said...

Hmmm.....I left a comment earlier, and it's not here!

Great card! I love paper piecing, don't you?

You don't know a Pam Mattingly-Remter in Wisc. do you? That would be my SIL.....

Take care!!!