Tuesday, April 7

Dry embossing brass templates and your cuttlebug.

Good evening!

Sit down, grab a beverage of your choice because tonight's post is a bit longer than normal for me.

Have you every tried to use the dry embossing brass templates in your cuttlebug? If you have, did you end up with embossed lines on your cardstock from the template? I have a short tutorial today that shows you how I use the templates in my cuttlebug without getting the embossed lines. For the card above I used the Butterfly Impressabilites by Spellbinders which is used in the cuttlebug the same way as the brass template. The key to avoiding the embossed lines is the size of the Polymer Pad. You will get the embossed lines when the polymer pad is larger than the template as in the below picture.The pad should be just a little bit smaller than the template as shown in this picture.

I bought a 12x12 polymer pad so I could cut it into the sizes that I could use for several of my templates. To cut the mat I use my Tonic Studio's guillotine paper cutter. The Tim Holtz Tonic Studio scissors also work well for cutting the pads.

The sandwich for using the templates in the cuttlebug is the A plate, a B plate, the pad, another B plate and 2 or 3 pieces of thick cardstock. Start out with less cardstock and add as needed. You do not want to force the sandwich through the cuttlebug. I use a piece of chipboard.

Here is a picture of the full card. Do you think I have enough wood framing my card? lol! My daughter was distracting me while I was editing my photos and I was too lazy to go back and fix this one.
The image and sentiment is from Gina K's Basket's of Happiness. The colored cs is all SU, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Pale Plum. The image and sentiment were stamped with memento's Tuxedo Black ink on base weight pure luxury paper and colored with copics.
The image was cutout with the Large Deckled rectangles nestibilities as was the matting. The card base is the Small Deckled Mega rectangles. The sentiment was cutout with one of the spellbinder ribbon labels.
Other accessories are ribbon, rhinestones, flower punch, glitter pen, a button and crystal lacquer.
So how did I do for my first tutorial? I would really like to hear what you think about it, good or bad!
Have a wonderful rest of your night!
Sharri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi..but where do u get the polymer pads? Ty for the tip! Cher
hilly77@comcast.net