Friday, March 20

Join me for a potluck

Good Morning and happy Friday!

I am hosting this weeks Friday potluck challenge on Stamp TV. I'd love to have you join in on the challenge with me! What is the challenge you ask?
Well, when I think of potluck, I think of food so for this weeks potluck we are heading to one of my favorite rooms in the house, the kitchen. I want to see how creative you can be by using something from your kitchen on your card.
Here is a link that will take you directly to the challenge forum.

This is the sample card I made for the potluck challenge. Can you see my kitchen element on the card? I used aluminum foil.

The shiny strip between the scallop holes border punch is the aluminum. Did you know you can use the polish stone technique on aluminum foil? That is what I did. I found out if you want to use aluminum foil for this technique, alcohol re-inkers work the best. I used the
Adirondack re-inkers in Carmel, Butterscotch and Ginger.
The dp is from Gina's new Floral elegance digital paper pack. The brown cs is from the Floral Frenzy kit, Chocolate Kiss and the Pure White is the Layering Weight Pure Luxury paper.
The sentiment is from Kindred Greeting for Her stamp set and is cutout with the small oval nestibilities. I added a frame of vellum around the sentiment. The vellum was misted with the Memories Mist in Gold to give it a soft shimmer. I really love this stuff!
I used Marvy flower punches to create the flowers on the ribbon bow and the sentiment.
The flower layers are, chocolate kiss, the digi paper and the polished aluminum foil. In the center of the flowers I added a rhinestone.
While scrounging my kitchen for the potluck challenge, I found a few other kitchen elements that would make an interesting addition to a card. Check out your kitchen to see what can be used on a card, then join me over on Stamp TV for the challenge.
May your day be filled with friendship and happiness!
Hugs,
Sharri

3 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my, but this sounds like fun. Your card is totally awesome...so stunning and elegant. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Amazing card!!! I love it!!!
love ya
Nikki

Anonymous said...

What a great idea with the aluminum! I've 'cuttlebugged' it before, but never thought to polish stone with it. Thanks so much!