Thursday, March 26

Bleached flowers

Good Morning!

It has been a dreary, gloomy week with all the rain we have gotten. Today is suppose to be a bit warmer and partly sunny! Whoo Hoo!
Today, I refuse to think about the weather they are predicting for us beginning the weekend and lasting into the middle of next week...what happened to the saying for the month of March, in like a lion out like a lamb or in like a lamb out like a lion depending on how the weather is the first day of March. This year the weather is not going to follow the rules, We're gonna have a in like a lion out like a lion March. I hate to think what will happen in May after the April showers! hee hee.

The card for today covers two of the challenges going this week over at Stamp TV. The color challenge, and the technique challenge. The color challenge is to use lavender and olive and the technique is bleaching.
I used the ivory pure luxury paper as my neutral color. The image is from Gina K's Easter Blessing set.
To bleach the flowers, first I heat embossed the image to help contain the bleach in the area I wanted it to stay in. I used a Clorox bleach pen instead of the liquid bleach. To using the bleach pen all I did was put a drop on a plastic plate and painted it on with an artist paint brush. The bleach from the pen is more like a gel so it was much easier to keep it where I wanted it than the liquid and it did saturate the paper at all.
The image and the matting were cut out with my new nestibility labels 4 dies as were the tabs on the sides. To make the tabs, I just cut the dies in half.

Thanks for stopping by to see me today!
Sharri


Card Supplies:
Stamps: Easter Blessings,
Paper: Olive, Lavender, Ivory Pure Luxury
Accessories: Copic, Ribbon, Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Clear Embossing Powder, Rhinestone flowers, Argyle embossing folder, Bleach, Nestibilities, Friskar's Upper Crest Border Punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card! Just remember, gloomy, rainy days make for some of the best cards ever!