Wednesday, October 8

Using scrap paper does influence color palette

Good morning!

What a dreary day it is in Madison WI today! It would be a good day to play hooky from work and stamp the day away!

How many of you are like me? I see all these beautiful cards made with some of the SU stamps or other company stamps and tell my self I really have to get that set and when I do get the set it sits on my shelf collecting dust.
This card was made with one of those set, Eastern Influences. The cs colors are Pixie Pink, Brocade Blue and Certain Celery.


I used my Prisma pencils, OMS, and blending stump for the coloring. I really love my Cuttlebug Embossing folders and Nestibilities. I ran the Leafy Branch folder through the Cuttlebug, sponged celery ink over the leaves and then rubbed Metallic Rub-on over the ink to give it a bit of shimmer. I did the say around the edges of all the cs.

I am proud of myself because I used all scrap paper to make this card. I still have quite a bit in my bin so last night I went through it all and tossed all the smaller piece. Don't tell Jessica because she would have been able to find a use for them! LOL!

I have a cute story to share, I was helping my daughter, who is in 1st grade, with homework last night and one of the things she has to do is learn the first commandment. We go into a conversation about Jesus and I mentioned Pastor Bill, the Pastor at our church, and Abbi asked who Pastor Bill was. I explained who he was to her. She thought for minute and said, "I thought he was Jesus".

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a great day!


Sharri






2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Very pretty, love the rounded corners.

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful colors---love that you used your scraps for it---that is fun to do!