Thursday, October 9

Birthday celebration

Good morning!

I needed to make a birthday card for a friend who will be turning 40 this year. She is pregnant and is have a rough time with morning sickness so I did not want to make one with an over the hill theme.
I used the SU set Eastern Influence and and colored with my prisma pencils, OMS, and blending stump.
I really got into the layering with this card. I found it uses up the scraps a bit faster...hehehe!
The cs is Soft Sky, Groovy Guava and misc textured brown that I have had for long time. I inked around all the cs and dp with like colors of ink. The corners are from the SU Ticket Corner punch and another bigger ticket corner punch from EK Success.

The brown background is embossed with the cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder. I know it is a bit hard to see it.
The Nestibilities were used to make the frame and scalloped mat for the flower.
The Celebrate sentiment was stamped on paper and punched with the SU Round Tab punch. I also used the punch for the soft sky background.

Have a great day and thank you for visiting!
Sharri

No comments: