Monday, October 13

Skipping winter...

Hi!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. It was beautiful weather here but unfortunately I was only able to enjoy Saturday. I slept through Sunday and am finally starting to feel better this evening.
You can sure tell school is back in full swing and the viruses have invaded the house!
Speaking about invasions, the Japanese beetles are out in forces. Did you know they bite? I got bit by one this weekend and man does that bite itch!

With the warmer weather late last week, I have had spring on my mind. The card I am sharing this evening is a mix of spring and autumn. Spring picture, autumn colors.

I used SU's Serene Spring with creamy carmel, sage shadow, really rust and the dp I want to say is wanted from a mini catalog...I am probably wrong and please correct me if I am.
Coloring was done with Koh-i-noor pencils, oms and a blending stump. There is crystal lacquer on the leaves, butterfly and the birds beak. I watercolored Sakura style, as Jessica would say, over the flowers and the orange parts of the butterfly.
The bottom of the card was run through the cuttlebug with the Flower Fantasy embossing folder. The sentiment is on sage shadow and For the sentiment, I used the linen background on the cs then stamped the sentiment and ran it through the cuttlebug using the tag die cut from nestibilities.

The ribbon on the card is poly twill only made out of nylon.

Thank you for stopping by and have a nice and relaxing evening.
Sharri

No comments: