Friday, October 10

Birthday Bulletin

Happy Friday!

Is everyone ready for the weekend? I sure am and it is suppose to be really nice weather. Maybe I can get some decent pictures of my project during the day!

I have had a piece of cork paper laying around forever and it caught my eye yesterday so I wanted to use it some how. It was my brother-in-laws birthday so I thought a bulletin board with a happy birthday note pinned to it and that is what I tried to do.
I really like how the squirrel from Whimsical Autumn goes so well with the acorns from So Grateful.
To make the card look more like a bulletin board I used silver cs as a frame for the cork paper and used screw brads in the corner. I found the cork paper at Archiver's in the clearance section, now I wish I would have picked up more than one sheet!

How do you like the little squirrel holding the celebrate note, which by the way is from SU That's so Nice. I used the spiral punch on the edge and then perforated next to the spiral edge to make it look kind of like a piece of notebook paper but without the lines.
The board needed thumbtacks but I did not like any of the brads I had - they did not look a thumbtack to me so I improvised and took stick pins from my sewing box and cut the tops off and glued them to the board, added the library clip to the top and the card was done.

Thanks for visiting today!

Have a wonderful day and awesome weekend!

Sharri

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

LOVE this! What a cool idea...love the cork bg! I am sure he will love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

So very sweet.