Tuesday, October 21

My Cowgirl.

Good Morning!

I know its been a few days since I have posted anything. The cold/flu bug has hit my house and wouldn't you know, I got the flu and the rest got the cold. Hopefully we are all on the mend, hear me knocking on wood? Hehehe!

Today's project is something I started last month and finally finished yesterday. During one of my many shopping trips to the Scrapbook & Stamping Memories store, I saw a project they had displayed for a class. It was 3 wooden picture frames decorated and connected together. I loved the idea but I was not able to attend the class. I did ask if they sold the picture frames or had any extras from the class, they did not. Since I have 12x12 pieces of chipboard at home, I thought I could make my own picture frames.

There are 3 sized of picture frames. The largest fits a 5x7 picture. The next fits a 6x4 and the smallest fits a 3.5x5. Each frame has a two inch border.


I used all SU paper, stamps, ribbon and some of the embellishments. Since my daughter is taking horse riding lessons, I used the Wanted, Bronco Buster, One of a Kind and Boho Backgrounds.
The cs is from the in colors last year and the dp is also from last year. I probably will not get the name right but I think it is Western sky? The ink is also the in colors from last year and Ruby Red.

The stars, flowers, sentiment, etc were all stamped in versamark then on the ink pad and heat embossed using the clear embossing powder. This made everything pop a little more and made them a bit more durable so they would not bend or rip easily.
This was actually quite simple to make once I got the measurements down.

When I showed it to my DH, he said it was ok and thought all the frames should be the same pattern dp and decorated almost the same. I do not agree at all. What do you think?
Thank you for stopping by and have a good day!

Sharri