Tuesday, October 28

Missed the wave!

Hi!

I thought I would share the card I made for Carolyn's Catch the Wave challenge, which I did not get submitted in time. This is already in my SCS gallery. Do you see a difference in this picture compared to the other pictures I have posted. It's not blurry! Wooo Hooo! I did some research, as my older daughter would say, and found an online site that you can enhance your photos. I wish I would have looked a long time ago! Darn that full time job for keeping me busy! LOL!

The size of this card is 3.5 x 5.5.
I matched summer sun cs with chocolate velvet paper and colored the flowers with my copics in colors that I thought matched rather well for my limited copic selection. I water colored the flowers and vase with a glitter pen and then used crystal lacquer on the vase and the middle of the flowers.
I cut two strips of chocolate paper and punch the border with the friskars sunburst border punch and also punch the border on the bottom of the card. The strips of the chocolate paper were cut longer than the width of the card so I could line up the sunbeams. In between the two chocolate strips I added white ribbon over mustard grosgrain and the flower brads on top.
I also used the border punch for the top corners of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sharri

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

Great job on the card AND the picture!