Thursday, September 11

Criss Cross

Good Morning!

Today I am sharing a book I made for a Father's Day gift for my hubby. I found the pattern online, sorry I can not remember where. Like I usually do, I find a pattern I like and then tweek it to make it my own, which is what I did with this book.
I found a set of clear stamps that were all sentiments about girls and another about Dad's at Archiver's. I do not remember what brand they are and since I am being naughty and blogging at work I can not go look...Hehehe.
I also used a few other sentiments I have had for quite a while.

The cover was made with a piece of 6x6 chipboard covered with DCWV all Dressed Up paper. The word Dad is also chipboard that I covered with turquoise ink and glued dyed Micro bead on top. The arrows are punched with Stampin Up's arrow punch after I ran the paper through the Cuttlebug's dots embossing folder.
The book has four pages that when opened they criss cross.

Of course I had to put pockets somewhere in the book so I added one to the front and back covers and you can see I added one behind the half page on the upper right hand side of the book.
The images are from SU's Touch of Nature stamp set. I colored them with Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS and blending stump.
The tabs are punched with McGill and EK Success punches. SU cs was used to mat the pictures and images.

For embellishments I used assorted buttons and brads.

I have to share a dog story with you. The dog in the upper left side picture is little more than a year and a half. When we got him he was this little puff ball maybe weighing in at 2-3 pound. We were told he was a pure breed Pomeranian and would not get any bigger than 6 to 11 pounds. Doesn't he look he weighs 6-11 pound? LOL! He is a solid dog and weighs in at 33 pounds!
I hope everyone has a great day!
Sharri




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're sharing this awesome book that you made - I love it!

Selma said...

Sharri this is awesome. What a lot of work but so worth it. Also, I left you an award. Please check it out on my blog.