Friday, April 6

Free For All Friday

Happy Friday!
I am thrilled to be this week's Free For All Friday challenge hostess over on Stamp TV.
As I was contemplating what I wanted to do for the challenge, I came across a little blurb that said April is National Grilled Cheese Month. That got me thinking about what other national days were in the month of April so I did a bit of research and found out there were a lot! One specifically caught my eye that I thought would be fun for a challenge – National Safety Pin Day which is April 10th.
My challenge for you is to use a safety pin(s). Now I can’t make it that easy for you so I am adding a twist - usually safety pins are used on fabric so I would also like you to include some type of fabric on your card/project.
Here is my sample -
I incorporated a couple of different fabrics on my card – the scalloped panel behind the image, the yoyo’s and the corduroy buttons. I suppose you could also include the ribbon as fabric right? ;-)
I added small beads to a little safety pin and used another one to attach it to the yoyo.
The flowers are from the Friends are Forever stamp set and the sentiment is from Masculine Messages.
All the papers are Gina K's Pure Luxury.
Here is a close-up of the flower, fabrics and safety pins. As you can see I added a bit of stickles to the flowers for a bit of sparkle.
I invite you to play along with me for this week's Free For All Challenge. I would love to see what you create using a safety pin and fabric!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Gina K Designs - Friend are Forever & Masculine Messages
Ink: Memento, SU
Paper: Gina K Designs - Pure Luxury
Other: Fabric, Ribbon, Beads, Safety Pins, Crystal Stickles, Corduroy Buttons, Sewing, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Copics - RV000, 10, 21, 23, 25/Y13/YG13, 21/, Spellbinders - Circles, Pinking Circles, Squares, Square Swatches

Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you over at the Free For All Friday challenge!

1 comment:

Patricia St Martin said...

Sharri, Thanks so much for stopping by. I can not believe I was not a follower but I'm one now. Love all the bright colors and the buttons. The yoyo's are great. Your flowers are so pretty.
Wanted to tell you Happy Easter.
:•)
Hugs,
Patricia