Thursday, July 7

Gift Bags & Tags

Hi!
Remember yesterday I said I had another birthday themed project but it wasn't a card?
This week the challenge for The Outlawz POM challenge group is Bag & Tag. You can create your own bag or use a ready made bag.
I have a couple of samples where I created my own bag and one that used a ready made bag. I also went with a boy theme and a girl theme.
Let's take a look...


My masculine themed bag is the handmade one. I just realized I did not write down the dimensions so if you are interested in them leave me a comment or send me an email...K?
I used a couple of different SU stamps sets on this one, Wanted and Bronco Buster. When I attached the border to the bag, I only add score tape to the two sides and the bottom so I would have a pocket for the tag. The sentiment on the tag is from Gina K Designs Out West Stamp set. The tag was made using Spellbinders Labels 11 as was the label on the front. All the papers are SU.

For this bag I used a white lunch bag. I cut off a couple of inches off the top because I did not want it to be quite that tall. The pattern paper is SU as is the cardstock. The border along the front was made using flower stamps from Gina's Fun Year Round stamp set. I used my color spritzer tool to add the spatter of different colors or ink over the flowers. I attached the border the same as I did for the masculine bag to create a pocket for the tag. The tag for this one was made with Spellbinders Labels 17 and the sentiment on the tag and on the front of the bag is from Gina's Inside & Out stamp set

I hope my samples have inspired you to play along with us this week. We have some awesome sponsors for all challenges for the month of July:
Oozak's is offering a $50.00 gift certificate
SCACD is offering a $25.00 gift certificate
Gilli Rubber Stamps is offering a Goodie Bag

And we also have a prize specific to the POM group for the month of July. 3 digi images from Anne's Digital Art.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit with me and I hope to see lots of bags & tags entered in the challenge this week ;o)


I am entering these in the following challenges: Make it Monday/Anything goes, Craft Your Passion/Anything goes, Paper Take Weekly/Anything goes, Penny’s Paper Crafty/Happy Birthday, Ruby’s Rainbow/Happy Birthday, Bearly Mine Challenge/Anything Goes, KB Cute Monday/Anything Goes and Sentimental Sunday/Anything Goes with a sentiment.


Masculine Bag/Tag Supplies:
Stamps: SU, Gina K Designs
Ink: SU
Paper: SU
Other: Ribbon, Brads, Twine, Eyelets, MFT Star Border Die, Spellbinders - Labels 11 & Stars

Femine Bag/Tag Supplies:
Stamps: Gina K Designs
Paper: SU
Ink: Memento, SU
Other: Ribbon, Twine, Brads, Eyelets, MS Border Punch, Color Spritzer Tool, Spellbinders Labels 17 & Gromment Tags

10 comments:

Dana said...

Both of these are so cute Sharri!! I think this is the first time I've ever seen the Bronco Buster and Wanted stamps and I love them!!
Hugs~
Dana

Anonymous said...

Wow i love your bags, they are fab! My favourite is the first one.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion this week.
Good luck!
Hugs xx

Brenda said...

These are both so fabulous. I just love the first bag. My grandson would love it!! Hugs~Bren

shaz earl said...

Both are fabulous, thank you for joining us at RRC this time, hope to see you again xx

Lisa Jane said...

what beautiful gift bags- would make an present extra special
Thanks for linking up at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Ann English said...

Terrific gift bags. Love the images, too.
So glad you joined us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Sprytebyrd said...

These bags are awesome! Great job!
Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays! Have fun and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Love these bags! Thank you so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. If you have not done so already, you may want to hop over to my blog, as I am hosting a no strings attached blog candy with several prizes to win. I apologize if I have already given you this invitation.

lisa808 said...

Great idea to make a pocket on the gift bags for the tags!

Laney said...

WOW!! What fabulous bags!!
Thanks for joining us this time at Bearlymine would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney