Tuesday, March 22

Plaids and Checkerboard

Hi!
My daughter was on the Internet Friday and picked up a nasty virus or malware. It completely wiped out Window...nothing comes at all. She did this a couple of years ago to my desktop and it couldn't be completely fixed. Cross your fingers that my laptop can be fixed or maybe not...a new one sound pretty good too, lol!
Anywho, that is why I have been so quiet. Today they will let me know if it can be fixed or not so hopefully I will have it back by the end of the week or I will be shopping for a new one! Grin!

Until then, I did come across a post I started but have not shared it yet because I wasn't happy with the quality of the picture. The colors are off and the apple appears to be glowing...at least to me! So I apologize in advance.

The background was created using the baby wipe technique. This is an easy and fun technique. All you need is a baby wipe, 2 0r 3 different re-inkers and glossy cardstock. I folded up the baby wipe and added drops of the colors along the edge of the wipe then wiped it across the glossy cardstock, turned the cardstock and wiped it across again to create the plaid pattern.

The books and apple are from Gina K Designs stamps set called Back to School and are colored with copics. The sentiment is from the same set.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

What a fabulous card Sharri! I love your baby wipe technique!

lisa808 said...

Wow, you sure created a pretty plaid background! I thought it was patterned paper.