Monday, February 7

Cracked Flowers

Hi!!!

Did you watch the Super Bowl? It was a good game wasn't it! I am so happy the Packers won! I had to watch to last half in my bedroom with my little fur baby because my hubby's cheering scared the bejeezus out of the poor little guy! After the game I had to stay up and watch Glee. Love that show! I am paying for it today though...I get up at 4:30 a.m. for work so am a little tired today! *smile*

I made this card a while ago but have not shared it here on my blog yet because I wanted to try to get a better picture of it. I am not having much luck so I apologize for the photo. This is the best one of the batch!

The colors of the papers are off a bit. I used SU's Ivory and Chocolate Chip to match the SU DP which is now retired. The color of the flower image is really not that much darker than the ivory paper in real life.

The flowers are from Gina K's You are not Alone stamp set. I colored them with SU Markers before stamping on the paper. I cut the image out with circle nestabilities before creating my cracked glass. I always put at least 3 coats of the Ultra Thick embossing powder on for the cracked glass. I also have a little trick for you...if you are not happy with how 'glass' cracks, use your heat tool to warm up the embossing until it's liquefied again and all the cracks are gone. After it's cooled you can put it back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and try it again.

The sentiment are from Gina's Arranged with Love and I framed it with a few pearls.

I spent the weekend baking up some sweet treats that I will be sharing for the Layers of Colors Cake Decorating Party on February 23rd. So check back with me throughout the week because I will be sharing a sneak peek of one of my treats very soon. I just need to get the pictures off my camera and edit them!

Enjoy your day and "Thank You" for stopping by!!

No comments: