Sunday, June 27

Painting Sweetie

Hello!

My family and I got back late last night from a long vacation. We stayed withing WI and spent our time in beautiful Door County.
It was an interesting vacation to say the least. The weather was gorgeous and we were able to do some really fun things...some of which I never thought I would do. We spent one day at a place rock wall climbing and zip lining and yes I even gave both a try! Rock wall climbing is quite a workout. I used muscles I didn't know I had! lol! I loved the actual zip lining but the climb to do it was not my cup of tea! We had to climb a 40 foot telephone type pole. The first part was using a ladder which I was fine with but the rest was climbing up on the staples! Not fine with that!
Another day we took an hour long car ferry ride to an island and checked out the sites. One of the places was an art and activity center where my dd Abbi held snakes. Since I do not like snakes at all, I waited in another room and checked out the local art work.
We also did a lot of biking, fishing and climbed a couple 250 foot lookout towers to see some amazing views!
I won't share the downsides of the trip but will say I am sure glad to be home!!!

I thought I had scheduled post for you while I was gone but only 3 of them actually published.
This is one of those posts.
This is a Sara Kay Stamp by Stampavie. I found it all colored and ready to be used on a card when I was cleaning off my crafting table.
All the papers are from my scraps. The pattern paper is DCWV's Crafty Stack, SU's Groovy Guava and Brocade Blue.
I colored her with copics and added some stickles on her hat, blouse, jeans and the teddy's bow for bit of sparkle.
I finished off the card with a ribbon bow and primas. How do you like the little green leaves tucked behind the flowers? They are the petals from a green prima. I don't know about you but I usually do not use my green primas so was thrilled when I thought of this!

Thank you so much for stopping by!!


Card Supplies:
Stamps: Stampavie
Paper: GKD White PL, DCWV Crafty Stack, SU Groovy Guava, Brocade Blue
Ink: Copics, Tuxedo Black
Other: Ribbon, Primas, Rhinestones, SU Border and Corner Punch, Stickles

1 comment:

Betty Benton said...

Glad you made it home safely! This is such a sweet, lovely card!