Thursday, April 1

Polishing up on this weeks Blast from the Past

Hi !

I know I have been a bad blogger again this week. The weather has been just gorgeous here (Woo Hoo it's finally spring!), and I been outdoors enjoying it with my family. Is it just me or do you also think that everyone is much happier when the weather finally warms up after a long winter?

Anywho, I wanted to share with you my Blast from the Past Challenge for this week. We are going to do some polishing by revisiting Gina's "Polished Stoned" video, which can be found here.
This is one of my favorite techniques. You can leave the polished stone as just a background for a card, you can stamp an image on it and color the image (I usually use reinkers to color the image), add a pattern to it by embossing it once it dries with an embossing folder or emboss an image on it like I did for my sample this week.
I used Ranger Alcohol reinkers to create my polished stone for my card but I also have used regular reinkers and rubbing alcohol from my medicine cabinet for this technique too.

The rose image is from Gina K's Friendship's Garden stamp set and the sentiment is from her Inside and Out stamp set. I stamped the image and the sentiment with versamark and heat embossed with Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder.

The papers I used are Gina K's Pure Luxury Lemon Drop, Passionate Pink and Innocent Pink.

I hope you will join me this week for the Blast from the Past Challenge. Remember if you do, your will be entered in the drawing for a chance to to win a free stamp set of your choice.

Make sure you upload your projects to the Stamp TV gallery with the tag of STVBPSLS05 so you are entered in the drawing for the free stamp set.

You can find all the information about the Blast from the Past Challenge and all the other challenges here on StampTV.

I appreciate and thank you for stopping by today!


Card Supplies:
Stamps: Friendship's Garden, Inside and Out
Ink: Ranger Alcohol Inks, Versmark
Paper: Gina's Lemon Drop, Passionate Pink, Innocent Pink
Other: Gold EP, Ribbon, Rectangle Nestibilities, Fancy Tags, MS Border Punch

No comments: