Tuesday, February 9

Flower Topiary

Hello,

This is another of my "lost posts". I made this card for my Mom's Birthday.

The Topiary was stamped on Gina's white pl paper with Memento's Tuxedo Black ink and colored with copics. The Happy Birthday stamped on the Sizzix Scalloped Envelope with Vintage Violet ink. I trimmed down the envelope before tucking it behind the image panel.
For the background, I stamped the Petals Background Stamp on Gina's Sweet Corn paper with More Mustard ink, flipped the paper over and spritzed water on it to soften it enough to crinkle it up. I did not want to spritz the water on the front of the paper where I had stamped the flower background because I did not want the ink to break down and smear the image, kwim?

The card base is Vintage Violet cs and I finished off the card with Prima's, Pearls, Ribbon and the border.

We had a fun evening last night. The Stoughton High School had their Italian Dinner and Pop's Concert. They have an amazing music director who used to play in The Lucas Cates Band and last night the members from The Lucas Cates Band played back-up for the kids. The band even performed a song for us...how cool is that? Abbi enjoyed it so much that she even talked Dad into buying both of the bands cd's!

Have a blessed rest of your day!



Card Supplies:
Stamps: Gina K - Notes to Mom, Kindred Greetings for Her, Lord of the Season, SU - Pretty Petals Background Stamp
Ink: Vintage Violet, Copics
Paper: White PL, Sweet Corn, SU - Vintage Violet
Other: Primas, Pearls, Ribbon, MS Border Punch, Nestibilities Wavy Rectangle, Sizzex Scalloped Envelope

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Beautiful coloring Sharri on the topiary and love this design. The stamped background paper looks great with this image. Nice embellishments with the flowers.

Joanne Travis said...

Such beautiful colors and coloring and a lovely image. Love this!

lisa808 said...

Sharri, this card is gorgeous! I love the background you created. Happy Birthday to your mother.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is lovely Sharri...love the crumpled background and I bet your mom loved it! Awesome creativity!

Lee said...

That's beautiful Sharri!!! I love that bg!!!