Saturday, April 18

Perfect Birthday Card

Happy Saturday friends!

I hope you are having a very nice start to the weekend! Today is just gorgeous out! Warm and Sunny - just what I have been waiting for!

I am almost caught up with Birthday card for this month, only one more to go. My youngest sister's birthday was last week and I just finished her card, sorry Nikki!

This year I wanted to make one that was teasing. Try to get her back for the years she got me! lol!
Have you seen Gina K's set, you know you're old when...? This is a perfect set for making a humorous card about getting older and that is what I wanted for my sister's card.
I used all SU papers and ribbon. I made the back ground scene on layering weight white pure luxury paper with dew drop memenoto inks. The tree in the background is from SU's Lovely as a tree and the cloud with my handmade template and I used the quickie glue pen and Doodlebug's white flock to give it a fluffy look. The scene and pink dotted dp were cut out using Labels 4 diecuts and the black under the pink dotted dp and the sentiment are cut out using the long mega rectangle diecuts. The older lady in the car was colored with copics and I added crystal lacquer to her glasses, the windows on the car, the headlights, the bumper and the insides of the tires. I added a bit of sparkle by using my Sakura glitter pen on the bumper, insides of the tires and the color on the lady.
I cut the car out and popped it up so it looks like it is driving out of the background scene.
Here is the inside of the card. Nikki always teases my sister and I about having a smaller chest than she does so I could not resist using this sentiment and the bra's on the inside.
Enjoy your day!
Sharri

7 comments:

Patti J. said...

Tee Hee! This card is a real hoot! Love the sentiment!!! Your sis will love it! Great job - looks 3D!

Selma said...

This is so cute. I love all the details you put into it. Your sister will love it. The inside is too funny!

Lynn Mercurio said...

LOL...what a fun card Sharri. This old broad looks like she is driving right off the page! What a great job you did with this project!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee adorable, awesome job.

Denise Marzec said...

What a GREAT card! I like how you have the labels four nesties going in different directions. That looks great!! Love the inside too...hee!

Anonymous said...

LOL, I love you tons. That is the funniest card every and the best part of it is that you made it. I can not tell you enough how talented I think you are. It is a amazing gift having you as my sister and best friend!!!!!

lisa808 said...

Too funny! Great detail.