Tuesday, March 3

Good Morning!

I did a bit of cleaning in my crafting corner before my friend came over to stamp with me Saturday morning. I think I need to clear off my table a bit more often. I found something I made using my brayer. I really am amazed how Michelle Zindorf can create such beautiful backgrounds with a brayer. A while ago I decided to give this a try and then I buried it. lol!
Since I found it while cleaning, I decided to use it for a card and thought I would share it even though I am not fond of it.
So here's the card...
I used Pretty in Pink and Gable Green cs. I honestly can not remember the name of the stamp set. I stamped with SU's craft white and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. The image was colored with copics. When the image was dry, I used the versamarker over the colored images and heat embossed again with clear embossing powder. Out came the brayer and I attempted to create a sky background. Again I apologize that I do not remember the color of the blue inks I used. I had alot of brayer lines so filled them in by sponging ink over the lines.
I added the picket fence, ribbon and butterfly to finish off the card.
Here is a close-up of the butterfly from Gina K's Take Flight stamp set. I want you to be able to see what I used to make the butterfly. It is two layers, one vellum and one of acetate. The vellum part of the butterfly was stamped with versamark and heat embossed with bridal embossing powder. The acetate part was stamped with a blue Brilliance ink and when it was dry, I ran it through the cuttlebug to give it texture. The acetate butterfly was layered on the vellum with a glue dot and I bent the wings to make it look like it was hovering. I also added half backed pearls for the body and head.
I would love for you to leave me a comment if you have used the brayer for a background and have tips you could share with us.
Did you know Michelle Zindorf is coming to Wisconsin to teach brayering workshops? Check it out here.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!
Sharri

2 comments:

nikki said...

OMG this is amazing. I am so proud of you and that you are my wonderful and creative sister!!!

SE H said...

I love your vibrant butterfly card! Thank you kindly for sharing it and your recipe.
I am so glad Gina K shares you with us.
All the best,
Sally Heartmade