Sunday, February 1

Chocolate is the best

Hi!

How was everyone's weekend? Does anyone else wish the weekends were longer? I sure do! They always go by way too fast.

I liked to share a card I made a couple of days ago. I used Melanie Muenchinger's new set The Best Things in Life.
The two sentiments were stamped in Close to Cocoa craft ink on 80 lb pure luxury cs and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
The top sentiment, The best things in life..., was cutout using a scalloped rectangle nestie then ran it through the cuttlebug again to emboss it. This was the first time when I embossed it cut through part of the paper. It was not a small spot either, both of the longer side were cut through! I set that aside for a bit to ponder what I wanted to do with it.
The second sentiment was cut out with the largest nestie label.
The card base is Pink Pirouette and the DP is DCWV Sweet Treats. The word chocolate is also the dp and is cut with the large pinking circles. This dp has the cutest 'sweet' paper and it goes with quite a few stamp sets I have.
I decided to thread the brown striped dp through the first sentiment where the edges were cut through from embossing.
I added SU felt flowers with half-backed pearl in the center on the sides of the labels and pearls to the corners of the first sentiment.
The pink organdy ribbon and the spiral clip on the upper corner finished off the card.

Have a great rest of your evening!
Sharri

No comments: