Friday, January 30

CPS 100 sketch

Edited: I was not happy with how the pictures turned this morning after I edited them. When I got home from work, I re-took pictures of the card and am much happier with them! Does the card look better?

Happy Friday!!

Are you ready for the weekend? I am! There are a couple of local craft stores that are having a winter open house tomorrow. Scrapbook & Stamping Memories are having an open house is both their Madison and Janesville stores and they are having snacks! Who could ask for more, make-n-take, demos and snacking. Now that's my kind of shopping. Hehehe!

Have you ever taken part in the weekly sketch challenge on the Card Positioning Systems blog?
I just came across this blog earlier this week when I was blurfing. Apparently I do not surf enough or I would have found CPS a lot sooner.lol!
I really liked the sketch challenge going on this week so I gave it a try.

For the card I used Bazzill textured cs and 120 lb pure luxury cs. The dp is Basic Grey's Archaic.
I used 3 different stamp sets. GKD's 'Home Tweet Home' , Inkadinkado's 'Bird Assortment' and Hero Arts 'Careframe' sets.

To make the mini scene, I stamped the fence/birdhouse in Versafine onyx black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. After coloring that with my copic markers, I colored the image again using the versamarker, covered it with clear embossing powder and embossed it. This step is very much like the embossed resist technique, which you can find a tutorial on right here.

Next I sponged on the grass and sky using Garden Green and Wild Wasabi for the grass and Blue Bayou, Baja Breeze, Soft Sky and Brilliance Moonlight White for the sky. This gave the sky a shimmery look. I used Closed to Cocoa to sponge around all the edges of the card.

The little bird was stamped in memento's tuxedo black ink and colored with copics.

The 3 butterflies were stamped with versafine onyx black on vellum and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. After coloring the butterflies with copics, I covered them with versamark and heat embossed using iridescent ice ep. This made them sparkle. I cut the butterflies out and attached them using a small glue dot.

To finish off the card I added doodlebug glitter to the bird and birdhouse using a quickie glue pen. I also used the glue pen to add a tiny bit of Judikin speckled straw to the birdhouse door.
I think I am going to submit this card to the CPS official sketch challenge. You can read all about it here.

If you play along with this sketch challenge, I would love to see what you come up with.

Have a great Day!

Sharri

3 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful, Sharri! I love how you combined the sets! Wonderful card!

maddy hill said...

your card is fabby ! i love sponging !it really makes it come alive !

love it !

maddy x

maddy hill said...

p.s have bookmarked ya !