I am a late poster today. I took my daughter to see a movie this afternoon, Marley and Me. It was a very good movie but quite sad at the end. I had not heard a lot about the movie but was definitely not expecting to cry during it. Abbi also was very sad and crying which made me feel worse because it was suppose to be a fun time with Mom.
After the movie we stopped in at Gina's store pick up a couple of things, at least that was my intention before getting into the store, but as always, it's never just a couple of things when I walk out of the store...hehehe!
Anyway while we were there talking to Jessica, we were able set up a sleepover for our girls at my house tonight. While the girls were playing, I got to play and work on a few of the challenges that Gina has going on this week. You can find out all about them here on her blog.
Jessica also has a blog candy challenge going on. Check it out here. I am still thinking about how I want to do her challenge.
This is what I came up with for her first challenge which was to double mat your focal image.
The cs is wasabi, blue bayou, and the brown is DCWV textured cs. The dp is from the Roam mat pad by K&Company.
I used Rupa's new stamp set Home Tweet Home for the card.
The bird house and branch are colored with Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. I added Doodlebug brown glitter to the bird house and eucalyptus sticklers to the very tiny leaves on the branch. I used my circle nesties to cut out the image and sponged blue bayou and baja breeze over the circle. The image is double matted it using the oval nesties. I added a tiny eyelet to the top of the matted image and threaded hemp twine through it.
The butterflies are from SU's Butterfly of happiness. I stamped the two butterflies with versamark on acetate and used the heat tool to emboss them with Antiquities ocher embossing powder. I wanted to add a bit of sparkle or shimmer to them so I colored in the non-embossed spot with a sakura glitter pen. I let the glitter pen dry a bit before I cut them out because I did not want it to rub off of the acetate. They are attached to the card with a glue dot and I folded in the wings a bit so it looked like they were hovering.
The picket fence is a Martha Stewart border punch I just picked up. I tried to add grass along the bottom of the fence but did not like how it turned out so I covered it with a piece of wasabi stitched ribbon.
I hope you had a fabulous day!