Wednesday, December 10

Melanie's Hand in Hand challenge

Hi again!

I am so happy to have internet again and it's no longer dial-up! Every once in a while I would try to sneak on the net at work but I have been so busy the last couple of weeks I was not able to. Boy, was I really going through withdrawal...hehehe!

The card I am sharing tonight is for Melanie's "Hand in Hand" challenge. The challenge was to create a card, scrapbook page or 3-d project that is inspired by a favorite "hand in hand" memory of yours.
My favorite "hand in hand" memory is my wedding day. I carried a bouquet of red roses. When ever my husband gives me flowers, he always include at least one red rose. He's such a sweetheart!

The colors I used for the card are red riding hood and vanilla. I used the rose stamp from Melanie's A year of Flowers The roses are stamped with red riding hood ink on vanilla. I used the masking technique to create the layered look of the roses.
I shaded the flowers a bit with my W0 copic marker then used my glue pen and baby face colored glitter to give the roses some sparkle. The glitter I bought quite a while ago from a craft store in Madison that is now closed :(
The leaves are colored with copics.
I cut out the roses and leaves and popped them up on the piece of red riding hood cs cut out using the wavy rectangle nestibilities. After the base of the card and the red rectangle were embossed with the textured textile cuttlebug embossing folder, I rubbed gold metallic rub-on paste over the entire embossed cs. The vanilla cs layer was also cut with the wavy rectangle nestibilities and popped up on the card base. I used the horizontal slot punch on each end of the vanilla layer and threaded ribbon around each slot.

I did not add a sentiment to the card because I felt I would ruin the feel of the card - does that makes any sense?

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of your night!

Sharri

No comments: