Friday, December 12

Purple and Pink petals

Hi!

How is everyone tonight? It's Friday so I hope everyone is having a good night. My house is being terrorized by two 6 year old girls. I sure wish I had their energy, they are making me tired just watching them. LOL! I think I am going to be up for a while so I am going to get started on some challenges.

I know I am beginning to sound like a broken record but the cards I am sharing tonight were made from scraps. I think I am one of those people that will always have a very colorful stack of assorted papers laying on my craft table...hehehe.

I used the same layout for both of the cards.
All the cs and dp is SU as is the stamp set. Petal prints is one of my favorite SU sets. I colored the flower and stem with SU marker and stamped on whisper white. I stamped the leaf branches around the stem then cut the image out with the oval nestibilities. I also cut the same size oval on vellum and glued it on top of the image. I stamped the flower outline on the vellum using the stamp-a-jig to line up the outline on the flower.

The ovals were matted to the scalloped ovals after I sanded the edges. I used the same scalloped nestibilities for the sentiment. I sanded the ovals before I stamped the sentiment.

I did not have a gemstone brad that matched the color of the cards so I colored them with a copic marker. I love how you can use the copics on just about everything.

The cards went together fairly quick...hmm...maybe I should make some more of these to use up those scraps.

Have a great rest of your night and a wonderful weekend!

Sharri

3 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

These are so pretty! Amazing how different they look with the different colors. Gorgeous layout. I love that you use your scraps. I try all the time, but the pile just seems to grow and grow.

Cindy Haffner said...

These are stunning, Happy Holidays.

Anonymous said...

These cards are just beautiful! You are so talented!