Tuesday, November 4

Pinecones for Christmas

Good Morning!

Today's card is another that I made with last years retired dp and in color cs. The cs is cranberry and thyme.

Once I found out the SU top note die could be used with the cuttlebug, I had to have it and I love it! Since I just got mine over the weekend I wanted to try it out so I used it on this Christmas card. It is also the first time I have used the Winter Foliage stamp set that Gina K release in October. I made a frame around the sentiment, which is from Say it with Flowers, with the pine branch and a few pine cones. The pine cones have white liquid applique on them which was heated to make it look puffy like snow on the pine cones.

Cranberry ink was sponged around the edge of the top note. I wanted to do something different with the corners of the card. After punching out a little square I did not like the look at all. I tied the ribbon on top to help cover that not so brilliant idea and also added a bow towards the bottom to bring the focus away from the top. Did it work? LOL!

Have a awesome Tuesday and thank you for stopping by!

Sharri

No comments: