Wednesday, October 15

Pumpkin treat holder

Hi!

How is everyone this evening?

I found a Halloween treat holder as I was browsing through the October issue of Paper and Crafts. It was a small basket with a pumpkin stamped, cut out and glued to the front. I thought that would be a cute thing to make for the kids in my daughters class as a Halloween treat.
I used the picture as an idea and came up with my own take on the pumpkin basket.

I made the basket itself bigger, the pumpkin is three oval from the nestibilities dies, and the stem of the pumpkin is just draw on a piece of paper and cut out.
I used the EK Success Flourish punch to add vines on the pumpkin and and the box handle.
I found really cute Halloween brad last year of bats, moons and pumpkins. Don't they look cute as the eyes, nose and mouth on the pumpkin?
I crimped and cut green paper into strips to stick out of the basket after I added the candy.
It's hard to see in the picture but I crinkled the bow on the handle with the heat gun.

The was not hard to make at all and will not take very long to mass produce. I hope the kids will love it as much as my daughter did.

Have a great rest of your evening and thanks for visiting!
Sharri

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute!! You are the queen of the cute little treat containers, Sharri! I love this.

Melanie said...

this turne dout really cute! love the crimped pieces and flourishes!

Rita said...

Hi Sharri,
I love your pumpkin bag and want to do something similar for my Thanksgiving treats to my co-workers. I was wondering how you made the sides. I need to make about 20 treat holders and have made cute little turkeys to embellish the box. If youhave time, could you give me a tip on how you made the container part? Thank you, thank you! LOVE your creations!