Thursday, December 8

Medallion Ornament

Hi!
It's Thursday so that means it's time for another Twisted Thursday Challenge at The Outlawz. This week we have fun one for you called "Make an Ornament". We would like you to create a project that included either an ornament on your project or to make an actual ornament.
Here is my sample -
I made an actual ornament using the doilies from Layers Of Colors Beautiful Lace Stamp set. I stamped the larger doily twice on green cardstock with versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I did the same for the smaller doily using ivory cardstock. I then scored each doily in between the "points". From there I cut up one score line to the center and valley folded the doilies. The two same size doilies were combined to make the medallions.

Ornament Supplies: LOC Beautiful Lace Stamp Set/Gina K Designs Paper/Versamark Ink/Gold Embossing Powder, Ribbon, Brad, Pearl, Empty Ribbon Spool

Here is a side view so you can see the folds. I used an empty ribbon spool for the base of the ornament and covered it with gold cardstock.
We would love for you to play along with us this week and be sure to check out the challenge and see the rest of the DT samples. They are fabulous!

The ornament is also for the Moxie Fab WorldTuesday Trigger: Deck the Halls. This is the Tuesday Trigger that we were to use for inspiration.
As you can see I went with the Ornament theme : )

I am also entering the ornament in the following challenges:
Tanda Teaser 186 - Green and Gold
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit and I hope you stop back soon!!

16 comments:

Rene said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Just stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM. The more comments left, the greater your chance of winning! Good luck!
Rene :D

Dorcas said...

How pretty and delicate looking! Would be pretty on a card if you had a box for an envelope :D I saw your project on MIM and came for a snoop.:)
Hugs,
Dorcas
Ps) I have a bit of “no strings attached “ candy on my blog if you’d like to take a peek.

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous!

Melisa Waldorf said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love the design using just the doily stamp! Great design!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh my, incredible, Sharri!

Lovely Linda said...

WOW Sharri - this is amazing - you are really ROCKING the Layers of Color images - what a divine ornament - thank you for the inspiration! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a gorgeous Keeper Ornament you have created. I love your colour choice, so rich and elegant.

Unknown said...

Wowzie Sharri! Gorgeous Christmas Ornament! The gold embossing really stick out and makes it pop!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

That is one GORGEOUS ornament Sharri! WOW!!!

JaniceAileen said...

What else can I say but what has already been said?? This is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Wow, This is beautiful. I just made a 3D banner but now I have to try this! Lisa

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW!!! This is soooo beautiful!!! You really did a gorgeous job on this! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Hello again, forgot to mention I found your beautiful project through MIM!! Lisa

sue law said...

Fabulous ornament, the colours are perfect too!

thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser and we hope to see you again soon.

Sue
x

Wordbird said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Shari! You are so creative. Hugs!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sharri! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)