Monday, April 25

Dad's Day

Hello!!

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since my last post! Time flies when you are busy doesn't it? Work and family has kept me quite busy these past few weeks. One of the fun family things we did was to take our youngest daughter to Disney World for her birthday. We had fabulous time and the weather was gorgeous! It was 85-90+ everyday and we only had a half hour of rain one evening! The day of Abbi's birthday we took her to Chef Mickey's for breakfast then spent the day at the Magic Kingdom. She was given a Happy Birthday button to wear and everyone and I do mean everyone wished her a Happy Birthday. It was such a fun day and one I hope she will remember always...I know I will! I will share some pictures of our trip with you in the next few days.

I was finally able to sit down at my craft table this weekend and play :)
It's been so long that I wasn't sure if I remembered how to make a card...lol! As I sat there trying to figure out what I wanted to do, I noticed that my scrap paper basket was overflowing so I decided to start matching up the scraps of cardstock with pattern paper and before I knew it I had several cards started that just needed to have an image/sentiment added to them. I decided to try and keep these cards fairly simple so the images I added required very little or no coloring. Making these card brought back memories of my very early stamping days when I did very little coloring.
For this card, I used Gina K Design's Gone Fishing stamp set. I colored the fishing luer with copics. Isn't the embossed playing card in tucked behind the image and sentiment fun? The embossing folder is from Tim Holtz Alterations and there are 3 to the set.
Since this card is fairly simple, I did not have much to tell you about so if you any questions on it, please let me know.

Thank you so much for stopping by!



Card Supplies:

Stamps: GDK - Gone Fishing

Paper: SU scraps, Basic Grey Scraps

Ink: Memento, Copics -YR23, YR24, C6, C7, R39, BG15, BG53, BG72

Other: Spellbinders Double ended Labels, Twine, Tim Holtz Alterations EF, Eyelets

2 comments:

Becky said...

Awesome card Sharri!! Love the embossing, how cool.

lisa808 said...

Welcome back from vacation! The Disney parks are so much fun.

Great masculine card.