Tuesday, January 25

Hot Cocoa?

Hi!!

Have you ever participated in a Secret Sister exchange?
I participated in my first one at the end of last year. It was so fun and I would definitely do it again.
Now that we have revealed ourselves I wanted to share one of the projects I made for my Secret Sister. The last package that we send out with our reveal letter was to contain a handmade gift. Before I show you the gift, I would like to share the card I made to go with the gift.

Stamps: Gina K, Ink: Copics, Memento, Paper: SU, Gina K, Little Yellow Bicycle, Other: Spellbinders Oval Nestibilities, Seam Binding, Liquid Applique, Flock, Spoon Embellishment

The cup is from Gina K's Mugs and Kisses. I paper pieced it using pattern paper from Little Yellow Bicycle. The sentiment on the cup is from Buds and Vases stamp set. Since I am not a coffee drinker I made a cup of cocoa! The foam on the top is liquid applique which I heated to make it puffy. Before I heated it I sprinkled a little brown flock over it so after it was heated it looks like cinnamon sprinkled on it. How do you like my little cinnamon stick? That is the rolling pin image from the Have a Cookie stamp set. I color it with copics, E34, E37 and E39.
All the dp is Little Yellow Bicycle. I finished off the card with seam binding ribbon and a little spoon dripping with cocoa...*wink*!

Next I would like to show you the gift I made. I wanted to make something that she could use over and over again so I made her a little recipe book.
I started out with a chipboard book from Graphic 45 and decorated the pages with Little Yellow Bicycle pattern paper. This pattern paper had matching sticker that were perfect for a recipe book.
On the inside pages I added some of my families favorite recipes and left the opposite pages black for her to add some of her favorite recipes. I did not want to add a lot of bulk to the book so did not embellish the pages.
I had a lot of fun making this and hope my Secret Sister will enjoy it as much as I did making it!

I want to thank you all for visiting my blog and tell you how much I appreciate each and every visit!
Hugs!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!! I am a coffee drinker and love that set!