Thursday, January 27

Emboss resist

Hello!

Today I have a card to share where I used the Emboss Resist technique. You can find tutorials for this technique and many more on Stamp TV or on Splitcoast Stampers here. I use this technique all the time when I want to create a scene where I sponge or brayer in the background. Today's card uses what I call the easiest way to do the emboss resist technique.
Stamps: Gina K, Ink: SU, Versmarker, PTI, Paper: SU, Gina K, Other: Spellbinders, Lace, Ribbons, Clear Embossing Powder, Jumbo Scalloped Dienamic Die

The snow flakes are from Gina K's Holiday Cheer stamp set. I stamped them with versamark on white pure luxury paper and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I cut them out using a Petite Oval Nestability but before I removed the paper from the die I sponged SU's Bashful Blue ink over the paper. This made the snowflake pop and also added a frame to the image panel.
The pattern paper is an older retired one from SU. The scalloped border was made using MFT Jumbo scalloped dienamic die. The border is not dp but snowflakes I stamped on the cs using white ink.

The sentiment is from Gina's Warm and Wonderful stamp set.

Now if you are wondering how I do the emboss resist when making a scene card. I will first stamp and color the image then I will recolor the image using a versmark pen. Once the image is covered with versamark, I will heat emboss it using clear embossing powder. After the image has cooled I always cover it again with the versmark pen and heat emboss with another coat of clear embossing powder. I find this will fill in any little spots I may have missed the first time I colored with the versamark pen.

I hope I have inspired you to try the emboss resist technique and if you do, leave me a comment so I can check it out!

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Beautiful in blue & white.