Thursday, October 7

Autumn is in the air

Happy Thursday stampers!

One of my favorite things about Autumn is the colors. Here in Wisconsin the trees are turning color and they are gorgeous!
My card today was made with those fall colors in mind.
Stamps: Fanciful Fall
Ink: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust
Black, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke
Paper: Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip,
Gina K - Sweet Mango, White PL
Other: Spellbinders Labels 16, Square Lattice EF,
Prisma/Kohinoor Pencils, OMS, Copper Nailheads
**************************************************************************
All the images and the sentiment are from Gina K's Faniciful Fall stamp set. I colored directly on the tree stamp with memento markers before stamping it on the paper. I recolored the tree and leaves with a versamarker before heat embossing with clear embossing powder. Next I added my sky by brayering more mustard, then I masked the sun using a circle punched from a post-it-note and brayered pumpkin pie but not quite covering the more mustard. Lastly, I brayered really rust but not quite covering the pumpkin pie.
I covered the sky and brayered on the ground using mellow moss and always artichoke. I sponged a bit of black along the bottom of the ground for a bit of shadow. I matted the scene on barely banana and chocolate chip that I first embossed with the square lattice embossing folder. The card base is Gina K's sweet mango.
The sentiment was stamped with pumpkin pie and the grass with always artichoke then cut out using spellbinders labels 16. The pumpkin was colored with prisma and kohinoor pencils and oms.
I finished off the card with a few copper nail heads in the upper right hand corner.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed Autumn inspired card!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Fabulous card, Sharri! I love the layout and how you colored the tree -- just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

All of your work is just simply great. I love all of them.
Thank you for sharing.

cheryl cramer