Saturday, June 5

Split negative rejects

Hi!

I think it's good when you not only share the cards you make that you love but also the ones you make that you do not love so much.
Today is one I don't love so much.
I made this one when I was hosting the Stamp TV's Blast from the Past Challenges.
I had not made a split negative card in forever so thought it would be fun to give it a try and use it for one of my challenges. Well I ended up not using the card because I was not happy with how the white ink looked when stamped on the red paper. To me it didn't look like a "true split negative" card with the pinkish colored ink on the red...so in the rejects pile it went!
The I tried several white inks and this one was the closest I could get to a white look. It is SU Craft Whisper White.
The flower image by the way, is from Gina K's Pressed Flowers stamp set and all the papers are Gina K too.

I now have Pallet snow white ink, which I am told it awesome so I will have to give the split negative technique a try again soon!

Thank you for stopping by today!


Card Supplies:
Stamps: Pressed Flowers
Ink: Craft Whisper White, Memento Ladybug
Paper: Black Onyx, Red Hot, White pl
Other: Pearls, Ribbon, Circle Nestibilities, MS Border Punch

No comments: