Friday, October 2

Halloween treat holder

Hi!

Am late posting tonight or what?!! I decided that I needed to do a bit of house cleaning today after work and before we went out for a family dinner to celebrate my husbands birthday. I got a good start in one room before we left and had every intention of finishing the cleaning when we got home. Well I had stopped at Gina's store this morning and bought all kinds of goodies that were released last night. They were calling to me so I got side tracked at my crafting table and before I know it it's almost 11:00pm, I have several projects started and my house is not clean! Anyone else wish they could snap their fingers and it would magically clean itself? lol!

Anyway, I have been working on a Halloween treat holder to make for the kids in my daughters class. I saw one a while ago while blog hopping. I apologize, but I honestly can not remember what blog I saw it on. If you have seen this, please let me know so I can give them the credit.
I really like the concept of this treat holder but need to come up with a better decor for it...not a big fan of this one. I think it's the spider and the web that is not sitting well with me. Maybe I will switch that out for a sentiment.
Looking at it from the front reminds me of a matchbook.
When you open it the candy slide up as you can see in this photo below.

I did not add any images or papers to the inside but plan to when I figure out what I want to do with the outside. I would gladly take suggestions on how you would decorate this treat holder or what changes you would make to what I have so far.
It is way past my bedtime and I have to get up early tomorrow morning to help spread woodchips around the playground at my daughters school but those new goodies at still calling my name!

Have a great rest of your evening and if I can stay focused tomorrow I should have a project made with my new goodies to share with you!

Hugs,

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a cute idea! I'm sure the kids will love it! Wish I lived by Gina's store! All we have is Wal Mart! Seriously! LOL!

Selma said...

Sharri I love this little treat package. I think the boys will love the spider but maybe girls would like something bright and cute like a jack-lantern on the front. Will you share the info on how you made it?

Sharon said...

This treat holder is too cute. What a great idea