Sunday, September 13

Polished Leaves

Hello!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I had a nice quiet weekend. The weather was gorgeous and we were able to spend a bit of time outside.

I had shared a card a bit ago where I did the polish stone technique on aluminum foil with leaf images and the leaves blended in with the dp. I gave it a try again and this time made my own dp. Hopefully you can see the leaves better this time!
This card was made for the weekly Monday color challenge on Stamp TV. The colors were brown, yellow and ivory.
To make the background paper, I stamped several leaves from the stamp set Autumn Beauty in Vivid inks on Gina K's LuxuryIvory Pure paper. The sentiment, also from Autumn Beauty, was stamped with Vivid Coffee Bean ink and cut out with a ribbon label from spellbinders.
The brown paper is Gina K's Chocolate Kiss and the yellow is SU's So Saffron.
Now for the aluminum leaves...I glued a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil to a piece of cardstock, stamped leaves from A Year of Leaves on the aluminum foil with versamark and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I used my ranger alcohol inks to do the polish stone technique. After the leaves were dry, I cut them out.
I apologize for the photo. The top gold leaf caught the glare of the light. I tried to take more pictures but this was the best one out of several.

Have a blessed rest of your evening and I hope your week starts off on a happy note!
hugs,



Card Details:
Stamps: Autumn Beauty, A Year of Leaves
Ink: Vivid - Tuscan Tan, Taupe, Coffee Bean, Brown, SU - Summer Sun, So Saffron, Versamark, Ranger Alcohol Ink - Butterscotch, Carmel, Ginger, Latte
Paper: Chocolate Kiss, Ivory Pure Luxury, So Saffron,
Accessories: Ribbon, Friskars border punch, MS border punch, Aluminum Foil

6 comments:

KarenB said...

This looks amazing!! The golden autumn colours are just perfect.

lisa808 said...

Love the look of the those leaves!!! Great card.

Betty Benton said...

Wow! Those aluminum leaves are fantastic -- great card!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. It is always good to see people expressing themselves in different ways.

Since you seem to be associated with Management, I would like to suggest you a new magazine - PEOPLE MATTERS started by an ISB Alumni, which was suggested to me by a friend and which I have found very useful.

It deals with various important aspects of management, especially those related to Leadership & People Management.

It's also relatively cheap. I guess its annual subscription is about Rs. 400 (US$ 8 approx) which is even less than the cost of a standard Pizza.

Their last issue had an enlightening article by Robert Kaplan (the co-founder of Balanced Scorecard method, if you remember) where he talks about how organisations can create opportunities out of current economic downturn.

I got its subscription online through their website: http://www.peoplematters.in

If you like the magazine, kindly refer it to your friends or colleagues in the organization you work. They may be interested in subscribing to it.

Thanks

Regina said...

hi,this is fantastic! I love how you did the embossing on the leaves! This is a great idea!
Regina

Tina said...

Sharri, this is simply a wonderfully designed card!! I LOVE the leaves... great job!!!