Tuesday, August 18

Blazin rooster

Hi!

Yesterday I mentioned that Tina and I had gotten together to stamp. Today I would like to share one of the cards we made together.

Tina had a great idea to make a Halloween/Moon card but (and I hate to admit this) I did not have any Halloween stamps. Well I took care of that problem today! Tina, I now have Halloween stamps!
Since the Halloween /Moon idea was out she was interested in doing a sun background scene. This is the end result.
First punched a circle in a post-it note and sponged the sun with Pumpkin, colored it with a versamarker and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Next we brayered the sky with Barely Banana, So Saffron and Crushed Curry. Then the rooster from Gina's Signs of Autumn stamp set and the tree from Gina's Tree Silhouette stamp set were stamped in basic black. We tore a post-it note and placed it over the sky so when we sponged the ground we did not get the artichoke and black ink on the sky. Artichoke was also sponged around the tree and Crushed Curry was sponged around the edge of the paper and around the sun.

The cs used for my card is pumpkin and black and finished the card with corners and strip of pumpkin cs embossed with a cuttlebug folder that I attached to the card with brads.

I do not have a crazy busy weekend coming up so I am going to try and take a picture of each step I do when making a card that has a brayered background/scene and post that for you next week.

I also realized at the end of this month it will be my blog-a-versary. Watch for some blog candy in the new future to that all of my followers that have been visiting my blog and supporting me with all of your wonder comments this past year!


Thank you for stopping in tonight!

4 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

I've been looking at your last few cards over at Stamp TV - how creative you are! I love the looks you get with your brayer and sponging - I'm a nervous sponger!! mine always look a bit half hearted.
Hope you and Tina had lots of laughs.

Cheryl said...

Wow Sharri, you did an awesome job on this...great techniques and such attention to the details...it's fabulous!

lisa808 said...

Sharri, I'm shocked! You didn't have any Halloween stamps?!?!? I am just as glad as Tina that you took care of that little problem!

Another awesome card!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous! It sounds like you and Tina had a great time wish I had been with!