Saturday, July 25

Mountain Sky

Happy Saturday!

How is your weekend so far? I went to a baby shower this afternoon for a very dear friend of mine. She is expecting a little girl in September, of course she is hoping to go early but then doesn't all pregnant women hope that? lol!

I am so happy that I have a bit more time to spend in my crafting corner. I have be so anxious to play with Theresa Momber's newest set Happy Camper and was finally able to the other night. I just love this mountain stamp and knew I wanted to add a brayered sky behind it.
I was asked what kind of paper I have been using when brayering. Michelle Zindorf recommended using a very smooth cardstock like SU Whisper White or Very Vanilla but since Gina's Pure Luxury papers seem so much smoother to me, that is what a use. This card I used the layering weight Ivory paper.
I used Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink and Rose Red for the sky. The mountains were stamped with mementos tuxedo black ink and colored with copic. I used my versamarker to color over the image and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder so when I added the sky the ink would no cover the mountains. The lantern is also colored with copics and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, this made less flimsy so it was easier to cut out...especially the handle!
The cs is Handsome Hunter and Sahara Sand.
I dug out my shrink plastic to use for the sign. I stamp it with Stazon and colored it with mementos marker before shrinking it with my heat tool.




Thank you for checking in with me today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your scene - we've GOT to get together sometime soon to play again. I'd love to get some brayering tips from you now that you're the master! Your scene is perfect!